Going through the Florida foreclosure process can be a challenge for many people. You may find yourself wondering if you’ll ever sell your house during foreclosure.
The short answer: yes. The long answer requires a little more explanation. Generally, the sooner you start the better. If you act fast, you can successfully sell your property before foreclosure.
Find Out How To Sell Your House During Foreclosure.
Dealing with the bank during any part of the foreclosure process can be tiresome. Since the economy has changed, most banks have altered how they handle foreclosures. However, over the many years of working with banks to help our customers avoid foreclosure, we’ve learned some helpful tricks and tips.
Remember, you’re not alone. A lot of residents in Miami have faced this problem over the past few years. Plus, auctioning off your home is not necessarily in the bank’s best interest. Your mortgage provider will benefit by selling your property and helping you avoid foreclosure.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Stay in constant communication with the bank. Call with updates and actively show them that you’re trying to get your property sold. Don’t overdo it. You’re trying to show them that you’re dedicated without irritating the person who’s handling your case.
- Keep to your deadlines. If you’re falling behind and know you won’t make a specific date, let your bank know in advance.
- Remember that bankers are people, not robots. Don’t be rude or overly dramatic. Explain your situation and demonstrate your willingness to fix the problem clearly and calmly. Politeness and understanding will go a long way.
- Keep records of every conversation that you have with the bank. If it’s not in writing, it’s your word against theirs. Pay attention to each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Each lender will have different policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure. Depending on your situation, you may be able to delay or at least dramatically slow down the foreclosure process.
- Get started now. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. If you let yourself fall further and further behind on your mortgage payments, the situation will only worsen and leave you with fewer available options.
We support homeowners during this difficult time and can help you avoid foreclosure. We specifically handle properties facing foreclosure around the Miami area and the whole state of Florida. Depending on the circumstance, we can negotiate directly with the bank on your behalf and find a solution that reduces the amount you owe. Sometimes we can even help you walk away from your property cash in hand.
Check out our website >>> We Buy Houses Miami!