If you live locally to Miami or have driven around the area recently, chances are you’ve noticed various billboards and advertising companies that buy houses.
“We Buy Miami Houses!” “Cash For Your House”
Often the slogans are bold and grab your attention. However…
Are These “We Buy Houses in Miami” Companies Credible?
How do you know which local house buying companies are honest and trustworthy? What if it’s a scam…?
Don’t panic! We’ll walk you through some of the crucial things to look out for in a local house buying company.
Sometimes they all seem very similar – especially in the beginning. However, in every industry, some people earn a living by being fraudulent and dishonest.
Buying and selling houses can help communities and homeowners in many ways by investing in the local area. It’s a valid and respectable profession. Many home buyers and property investors are great, ethical individuals who actively improve their neighborhoods one property at a time. But, as always, there are a minority of house buyers in any market who tarnish the industry’s reputation and make the rest of us look bad.
Unfortunately, when it comes to dishonest and downright indecent people, there’s no telling to what extent they would go to as long as they were profiting from it. These individuals put money ahead of the wellbeing of their clients and would happily manipulate you into signing something questionable.
But let’s stop here quickly and focus on something more positive.
We can help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all-cash offer and close to a schedule that suits you.
First, let’s take a look at what the best companies excel at doing!
Reputable Miami House Buyers Are:
- Assisting homeowners by providing them with the money they need quickly. People sell their homes for many different reasons. Sometimes it’s to cover unexpected medical bills, relocate nearer to family, or help owners during foreclosure. Whatever the reason, we can make that happen in just a few days.
- Relieving the burden of selling a property without the stress of having to list it with a broker and wait months on end for it to sell.
- Supporting the community. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Miami, Florida. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators, and many other local workers along the way.
- Investing in the US economy by sourcing materials and products in the US. The US economy depends on investment from both large and small companies. As such, we spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA. By doing this, we are creating jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers, and more.
- Increasing the value of Miami neighborhoods. Our actions directly strengthen Miami as a whole. We often renovate abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. We take on the costs of repair and damage, so you don’t have to. As a result, we’re helping support the entire community.
- Increasing the tax base. Higher taxes might not seem all that great at first. But, taxes go towards paying for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets, and other aspects of the community. When a new buyer takes on one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate, which again improves the neighborhood.
Pretty cool, right? And a bit different from what you’ve seen on TV.
Lots of people envision house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. In reality, what we do daily is quite dull; nothing like the over-the-top “reality” shows that amp up the drama.
In truth, there are more routine tasks going on in the background. Most of our work involves coordinating with different people, making sure we keep to a schedule, and meet our deadlines.
So, let’s think back to what we said before and see if you can use this information to know whether someone is a credible investor and not just pulling a house buying scam.
Steps To Ensure You Work With A Reputable Local House Buyer!
First, it’s a great idea to ask them questions and get them talking as much as possible. When you listen to their answers, you’ll be able to discern whether they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask *open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people and the community?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
*Open-ended: means questions that require more than a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer.
Second, look for the following telltale signs that shady operators tend to use.
“Kitchen table closings”
If a property buyer suggests signing the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your home, rather than at a professional firm such as a closing attorney or title company, be cautious. To ensure that there are no loose ends and everything is processed correctly, most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place. This is far more professional than asking you to sign your house over on a kitchen counter.
Pressuring you into closing fast
If a house buyer tries to push you and says that you have to make the decision today, don’t be fooled. Most scammers are looking for a quick, easy score, whereas; reputable house buying services will generally make you an offer that stands for at least 2-7 days. This gives you time to make a decision based on facts and not impulse.
The only reason a legitimate house buying service would place a deadline on an offer is since the market changes, and values can fluctuate week to week depending on other sales in the area. At Sunshine State Buyers, we buy multiple houses a month. When we make you an offer, we can guarantee you that the cash to purchase your home is ready. We’ll also reserve that cash for several days, allowing you to close on your schedule. If you feel that the offer isn’t right for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller.
Genuine investors who run honest and ethical Miami house buying services are actively building long-term businesses based on healthy relationships and community development. Over at Sunshine State Buyers, we would love to answer your questions and prove that we care deeply about you as an individual and as a part of the community.
Chances are if you do come across a dishonest firm or agent, they’ll find an excuse to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
So when you’re looking at one of the many “We Buy Houses in Miami“ Companies, never be afraid to push the boundaries and ask as many questions as you want!
Call our office at (305) 916-3328. A member of our team would love to speak with you.
Or, click here to fill out our short form. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible with a fast, fair ALL-CASH offer on your home.
Have a look at some of our other articles!
We understand that this can be a very challenging time for many reasons….
Understanding the foreclosure process in Florida is an integral part of navigating…